To present a revealing portrait of each state and the District of Columbia, CFED has compiled 130 outcome and policy measures (61 outcomes and 69 policies) organized into a five-issue area framework: Financial Assets & Income, Businesses & Jobs, Housing & Homeownership, Health Care and Education.
2016 Scorecard Data, Ranks and Grades
- To see how your state ranks overall and across the five issue areas in the 2016 Scorecard, see final outcome ranks and policy ranks.
About the 2016 Scorecard Data
- For more information about the data collection process and methodology behind the Scorecard, click here for our methodology section.
- Information about the precision and margin of error of Scorecard data calculated from the Survey of Income and Program Participation can be found here.
- For additional information on the income quintiles used to calculate disparities by income, see state income quintiles for outcomes calculated using the American Community Survey and the Survey of Income and Program Participation.
Resources from Previous Scorecard Releases
Resources from previous editions of the Scorecard can be downloaded below:
- 2015 Scorecard: Website
- 2014 Scorecard: Data | Website
- 2013 Scorecard: Data | Website
- 2012 Scorecard: Data | Website
- 2009-2010 Scorecard: Data | Website
- 2007-2008 Scorecard: Data | Guide
- 2005 Scorecard: Data | Guide
- 2002 State Asset Development Report Card: Data | Guide
Assets & Opportunity Local Data Center
The Assets & Opportunity Local Data Center is a resource for household financial security data at the local level. It provides a host of resources, including estimates of household wealth and financial access for thousands of cities and counties in America through an interactive mapping tool as well as more in-depth data profiles for a growing number of cities. To visit the Assets and Opportunity Local Data Center, click here.